You Don’t Need Facebook To Have a Successful Business. CrossFit’s Leaving Should You?Ramon Ray
CrossFit is leaving Facebook, reports the Wall Street Journal. They’re fed up with Facebook’s censors – human or computer – stifling their groups and overall communication.
I recently wrote here, that social media marketing is not enough.
Billions of people are on Facebook, it’s a great platform, use it.
It’s a powerful platform for advertising, use it.
However, you MUST also focus on building your own email list, getting a great website and blogging on a regular basis. Do not just rely on social media for your digital marketing.
Here’s what you should be doing that DOES NOT include social media.
- Website – make sure you have one. Be sure it’s mobile ready and well design. Barry Moltz interviews Beth Thouin of Web.com about website design. here.
- Ensure you have an email subscription form on the website. Offer something of value to your website visitors in exchange for their email address.
- Sign up with MailChimp, Constant Contact, Emma, Aweber, Infusionsoft, Click Funnels or one of any number of email marketing services.
- Segment your email list and use marketing automation to send different messages to different segments of your list.
- Start blogging on a regular basis. Use a service like WordPress, LinkedIn or Medium to share a blog post (or article) that’s of relevance to your community.
- Rinse and repeat.
Celebrity CEO is all about how you can build your fan base and build your personal brand.