The Ultimate List of Free Resources to Help Your Business Sell InternationallyJennifer Peaslee
Other Specific Information on International Sales
12. PayPal’s Passport
One of the best websites for researching international sales is PayPal’s PassPort. On the website, you can research new markets and get tools for global transactions. Some of our favorite aspects include:
- Tools Section – select a country and learn more about their mobile purchasing trends, consumer purchasing trends, and customs & taboos. Scroll down on that page and you can also get an eBook on How to Sell Internationally, and another on Selling Into China.
- Shipping By Country – select a country and you’ll see the shipping options available. Also, click on the blue bar at the bottom of the page to use the shipping calculator, currency calculator, and duty calculator.
13. The FITA
The Federation of International Trade Associations is focused on international trade, such as exports and imports. However, even if you are doing international eCommerce, you can use the website to research potential markets.
14. Shipping Resources
One of the major concerns with international sales is shipping. Luckily the major US shippers have resources for business owners who need to ship internationally. For example:
- This UPS guide tells you how international shipping works, with a cost calculator, country guides, and other tools & resources.
- FedEx has an international resource center where they can help you plan, prepare, and manage your shipments.
- You can learn more about taking your business global with USPS on this shipping page.
Although it can be difficult to start international sales, the potential rewards of reaching a larger market are certainly worth it. Use these resources to gather information, and make a solid game plan to move forward with international sales this holiday season.