The Ultimate List of Free Resources to Help Your Business Sell InternationallyJennifer Peaslee
International Sales through Exports
The other way to conduct international sales is to export your goods to another country. If you’re interested in exporting, check out these resources:
9. Exporting eBook
All the background information you need about exporting is covered in this Basic Guide to Exporting from Export.gov. When you’ve finished reading the guide, make sure to explore the entire Export.gov website for more specific information.
10. Online Training & Webinars
There are also many online training opportunities available for those who want to begin exporting. For webinars and the like, we discovered:
- The Washington State Network Small Business Development Centers has a list of online training and webinars on exporting topics, many of which are free.
- Export-U also has some free webinars about various aspects of exporting.
11. Resources for Small Businesses
Exporting may sound like a big thing, but even small businesses can do it! The Small Business Association has a section of their website specifically for exporting. Some of our favorite features include:
- Explore Exporting, which walks you through the basics and points you in the direction of more specific resources.
- Export Business Planner, which is a customizable PDF file for businesses to plan the steps of exporting.
- Export Loans, where you can learn more about getting loans to start your exporting operations.
- Export Assistance Centers, which lists locations in many US cities where you can get assistance on setting up your exports.