The Power of Video MarketingRamon Ray
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million. Video brings your company to life and allows you to humanize your business by putting a face with a name and showcasing a likable personality that people can relate to. After all, people buy from people they like. This is why there is so much power in Video Marketing.
Here are a few statistics to help show the current state and trajectory of video usage.
- According to Forbes, 75% of business executives watch work-related videos weekly
- According to Cisco, 80% of the world’s Internet traffic will be video by 2019
- According to Wistia, video attracts 2-3x as many monthly visitors, doubles time on site, and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines
When using videos to help market your business, here are a few best practices to keep in mind depending on your chosen platform.[Tweet “#SmallBusiness owners, check out these #videomarketing best practices.”]
Best Practices for Video on Social Sites:
- Use short video clips to accompany links that drive people to your website just as you would promote a blog
- Edit clips from longer videos that will suit that social audience
- Create short 15 to 30-second videos to drive traffic to your longer videos
Best Practices for Video in Blog Posts:
- Keep your video topics educational
- Indicate that there’s a video in the title of the blog post
- Place the video near the top of the post (above the fold)
- Optimize the video title and transcript with target keywords
- Always include a CTA (call-to-action)
Best Practices to Generate Leads:
- Add a strong (CTA) call-to-action to your videos
- Consider gating your video using a turnstile
- Add video to your landing pages
Best Practices for Video in Email:
- Let people know there’s a video by including in the subject line, email text and with a play button on a thumbnail
- Choose the best thumbnail from the video and insert into the email with a link to the post on your website
If you are currently using video or considering using video for the first time, make sure you have a strategy in place which includes creating video content on a regular basis, communicating with your audience on several levels and measuring the ROI of your efforts.
Jimmy Newson’s purpose in life is to help entrepreneurs and small business owners effectively share their message with the world. He has over 25 years of experience in the entertainment, marketing, and digital media arena. He speaks regularly on the topics of video production, video marketing, digital media and crowdfunding. You can check out his latest project at www.myvideostrategy.com and visit his blog at www.jimmynewson.com.