How To Start a Business? Ask Yahoo’s New Tool.
How to start a business is a question many people ask! Starting a business can be a daunting task. I remember when I launched my first company (I’ve since launched 4), it was not easy. There’s legal issues, insurance questions, location queries, digital presence and so much more.
Indeed there’s LOTS of resources for budding business owners and now there’s one more from Yahoo.
Recently, Yahoo Small Business introduced Business Maker, a new platform to help small businesses and aspiring business owners start, run, and grow their own business. More than a marketplace of services, Business Maker intelligently recommends specific steps and solutions based on where a small business is in its lifecycle. These could include enabling customers to create business plans, form a legal business entity, establish an online presence and collect payments – all from a single platform
The services you can get through Business Maker include:
- Business plan guide
- Legal packages and guides
- Online presence development, including website, domain and email boxes
- Point of sale mobile app with back office tools and a choice of 3 card readers
- Localworks business listings
Other resources you can turn to for help in starting your business include SCORE and your local chamber of commerce.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind as you consider the question, how do I start a business:
- What problem are you trying to solve.
- Who are you solving the problem for
- How will you create the product or service
- How will you deliver it to them
- What is the pricing of the product
- How much money will you need to launch your business and expect to NOT get any money for at least 6 months
- Your website and social presence
- How will you get the word out
These are just a few things to consider.
Here’s more articles with tips on how to start your first business.