The 13th Annual Smart Hustle Small Business Conference with Seth Godin takes place on Nov 8, 2018 - https://smarthustle.com/conference. We wanted to give you a taste of what to expect and MORE at this year’s conference by giving you a little summary of one of last year’s amazing presentations.
In 2017, Becca Brown, a previous Shark Tank competitor and founder of Solemates, spoke about the importance of marketing and obtaining press for your brand.
Becca emphasized the value of knowing your brand, staying true to your vision, and being able to deliver that vision. She also stressed the importance of knowing your audience and creating a product that gives people a reason to pay attention to your brand.
You can only get your product out there if you know the audience you’re targeting. If your business/brand is just starting up, it is very unlikely that press will come knocking at your door, which means that you must go and knock at opportunity’s door.
Becca recommended using an “organic” approach.
For example, instead of sending out a public inquiry for press, send custom messages; this shows increased sense of dedication.
Once you find reliable press sources, it is important to remain in constant contact with them and provide them with timely updates on your brand. Becca used her experience as a Shark Tank competitor and as a business owner to help steer others in the right direction on the path to success.
Check out this 2017 presentation below and sign up for the 2018 Smart Hustle Conference with Seth Godin here - https://smarthustle.com/conference
This years topics and speakers include:
- Video Marketing - Learn how to use video to get increased sales, attract more customers and build your brand. Speaker - Roberto Blake, Youtube Celebrity
- Hustle with Heart - Hard working and hustle are important, but without empathy, compassion and heart, it’s empty. Learn how to hustle with heart from Claude Silver, Chief Heart Officer, VaynerMedia a Gary Vaynerchuk Company
- Your Perfect PItch - Learn how to quickly pitch your business to get people interested to want to hear more. Learn from Laura Allen, The Perfect PItch Girl and Adrian Miller, Adrian Miller Sales Training
- Inside Cory’s Cookies - Hear the amazing story of how Cory and Lisa built Cory’s Cookies and partnered with Marcus Lemonis
- Seth Godin Mastermind - Join Seth Godin for a powerful marketing mastermind to help GROW YOUR BUSINESS
With a curated mix of networking, main stage presentations and sponsors the conference is an oasis of practical insight for entrepreneurs hungry for growing their businesses.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2018 Smart Hustle Small Business Conference - https://smarthustle.com/conference