Dell and #EntrepreneursUNite for a Global Entrepreneurship InitiativeRamon Ray
#EntrepreneursUNite is a global entrepreneurship initiative led by Michael Dell, Dell CEO. It is an effort to get Sustainable Development Goal 8 (related to economic growth and employment) adopted by the United Nations.
Sustainable Development Goals, or SDGs are basically the world’s to-do list. Chosen by the UN, they set goals on a global scale, with a path to reach those goals by 2030.
There are currently 17 SDGs, meant to tackle poverty, create jobs, curb climate change, and set the world up for a prosperous and sustainable future by 2030. These SDGs are currently being debated by UN members in order to choose which goals will be adopted at a Special Summit in September, 2015.
As an entrepreneur, you will be particularly interested in SDG Goal 8. Goal 8 is for “promoting sustained, inclusive economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all.” More specifically it calls for:[starlist]
- Sustained per-capita economic growth of at least 7% GDP growth per year for the least-developed countries
- Boosting productivity through diversification, technology upgrades, and innovation
- Policies that create jobs, support entrepreneurs and SMBs, and encourage creativity & innovation
- Environmental initiatives that improve global resource efficiency
- Ending all forms of child labor by 2025
- By 2030, achieving full, productive, and decent employment for all men and women, including young people and people with disabilities
SDG Goal 8 recognizes entrepreneurs and small businesses as the engine that drives the global economy, creating jobs and advancing innovation. By setting it as a priority on the world’s to-do list, Goal 8 can promote entrepreneurship and fair employment for people all over the globe.
Now to where you come in – Michael Dell has created the #EntrepreneursUNite campaign to drive awareness and support for Goal 8. You can help make Goal 8 a global priority simply by signing the #EntrepreneursUNite petition HERE. The mission is to get hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs around the world to support the campaign, with signatures delivered to political leaders at the Special Summit in September.
It only takes a second to support this proposed UN goal with your name and email signature. Help make entrepreneurship a top, world-wide priority by joining the #EntrepreneursUNite campaign today.