24 Ways To Build Better Relationships With Your CustomersRamon Ray
On today’s Smart Hustle Growth Tips room on ClubHouse, Ramon Ray, hosted a lighting panel discussion with Jon Ferrara, CEO of Nimble, and Mark Tina, Executive Director of Verizon Business. They shared that business owners need to sell less and seek to serve more. Instead of seeking ways to sell more, we should build a RELATIONSHIP and become a trusted advisor. Then we earn the right to be “top of mind” in our customer’s minds.
Tips from today’s discussion included:
- People buy from people
- Don’t sell, serve
- Act as an advisor
- Earn trust
- Make memories out of moments
- Focus on customer success
- Social media is bringing us back to a small village
- Have shared contacts at your company, so contacts are not scattered all around. Have a solid contact database accessible by your team members
- Is your CRM tied into your phone system?
- If you’re not participating where your prospects and customers are participating, to give your knowledge away, you’re missing out
- Stop talking about yourself so much
- Say thank you – with a paper thank you card
- Use the phone – call people
- Social media is great to build your brand at scale – BUT you have to bring it down to something more solid at some point.
- It’s ok to recommend your competition – you’ll build a sustainable garden of trust, referrals, and more.
- Servant leadership is important
- Understand the needs of your employees
- Offer a hand to help instead of a hand to take
- When you start talking grab your WASTe – Why Am I Still Talking
- Focus on the customer experience, not just the sales
- Linked in marketing is great but ask how can we serve each other instead of just how can you serve me.
- Just because there is automation, doesn’t mean you have to use it
- Share articles that resonate about you with your audience
- Build connections with the other thought leaders
PS - Want more attention, and more impact, and more sales for your business? We created a complete Personal Branding Framework for business owners just like you... get it here.