NYPD Chief Shares Core Principle to Get the Most Out of Life and Business – Smart Hustle Conference 2017Ramon Ray
The 13th Annual Smart Hustle Small Business Conference with Seth Godin takes place on Nov 8, 2018 – https://smarthustle.com/conference. We wanted to give you a taste of what to expect and MORE at this years conference, by recapping a little of one of last year’s presentation.
In 2017, just one day after the deadly Manhattan truck attack, the now retired NYPD Transit Chief Joseph Fox shared some of his core principles with the listeners.
Chief Fox used his 30+ years of NYPD service as an example for both employers and employees.
As many were still recovering from the previous day’s tragedy, Chief Joseph Fox reflected on the anxieties of life, more specifically transitional anxiety.
Transitional anxiety, which occurs when going through changes in life(whether minor or major), is founded in humility, a key quality in life. It allows you to ask yourself, “Am I being the best I can be?” Another important principle to follow in your business is to teach and be taught.
As you teach others, you simultaneously enforce the same principles into your own life.
One principle that Chief Fox has been taking time to practice is “intermittent and informal evaluations”- taking time to appreciate your employee/employer’s service on an average workday.
Everyone expects a “thank you” at Christmas or Thanksgiving, but dropping a word of appreciation at your employee’s cubicle on a Monday morning could potentially transform their day and their attitude toward work.
Chief Fox also pointed out a common mistake many employed people make- letting their job dictate their lives. He stressed the importance of finding a balance between your work and your personal life. It is important not to lose who you are to your work. “You are not your title but what you bring to the title,” he stated.
Chief Joseph Fox ended his speech with one final piece of advice, “We must be ever-mindful of the purposeful moments in our purposeful lives.”
Check out this 2017 presentation below and sign up for the 2018 Smart Hustle Conference with Seth Godin here – https://smarthustle.com/conference
This years topics and speakers include:
– Video Marketing – Learn how to use video to get increased sales, attract more customers and build your brand. Speaker – Roberto Blake, Youtube Celebrity
– Hustle with Heart – Hard working and hustle are important, but without empathy, compassion and heart, it’s empty. Learn how to hustle with heart from Claude Silver, Chief Heart Officer, VaynerMedia a Gary Vaynerchuk Company
– Your Perfect PItch – Learn how to quickly pitch your business to get people interested to want to hear more. Learn from Laura Allen, The Perfect PItch Girl and Adrian Miller, Adrian Miller Sales Training
– Inside Cory’s Cookies – Hear the amazing story of how Cory and Lisa built Cory’s Cookies and partnered with Marcus Lemonis
– Seth Godin Mastermind – Join Seth Godin for a powerful marketing mastermind to help GROW YOUR BUSINESS
With a curated mix of networking, main stage presentations and sponsors the conference is an oasis of practical insight for entrepreneurs hungry for growing their businesses.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2018 Smart Hustle Small Business Conference – https://smarthustle.com/conference
PS - Want more attention, and more impact, and more sales for your business? We created a complete Personal Branding Framework for business owners just like you... get it here.