Free Publicity: How To Get Media Coverage for Your BusinessRamon Ray
Getting media coverage is part art and part science. Below is a slide that gives you some of my success tips and insight in how to get publicity for your business through media coverage.
This presentation is all about how to get the media to cover your business.
- Media coverage gives you credibility and exposure. It helps to set you apart
- Understand what media your target customer reads/listens/scrolls through and start there
- Understand the media you want to be in. What is their deadline? What are the stories they cover?
- Get to know the journalist. Meet them at an event. Follow them on Twitter. Build a relationship.
- Timing is so important. If it’s Christmas day, don’t pitch a story about Easter.
- Know what’s a good story. Your customers? statistics? Industry events?
- A good personal brand is so helpful.
- When interviewed be prepared.
I hope these tips help and remember you can always visit our Smart Hustle Community for personal help with your business.
Want Ramon to speak at your next conference? Just contact us.
PS - Want more attention, and more impact, and more sales for your business? We created a complete Personal Branding Framework for business owners just like you... get it here.