Two words. Sometimes two simple words are the only barrier between you and your dreams. "I quit" is a phrase or action that some people daydream about and others courageously do to end their job and begin afresh. The I Quit show by Shopify embodies just that: aspiring entrepreneurs leaving their jobs to grow a business.
Following six businesses for a year, we watch their journey of growth and trials as well as the advice given to them by three successful mentors. As they jump full-time into their side hustles, they find out just how challenging being an entrepreneur can be.
I Quit Show Cast
Let's check out who exactly is on the show.
- Tricia Clarke-Stone is an innovative marketer, entrepreneur, author and CEO of WP Narrative_. She has a proven track record of building brands and driving tens of millions in revenue.
- Harley Finkelstein is an entrepreneur, lawyer and COO of Shopify, a leading global commerce company powering more than a million companies worldwide.
- Debbie Sterling is the founder and CEO of GoldieBlox, an award-winning children's multimedia company that challenged gender stereotypes with the world's first girl engineer character.
- Mike D’s BBQ, a food company selling barbecue sauces and dry rubs, founded by Mike and Gloria.
- Blue Coolers, an outdoor cooler company founded by best friends Marcus and Chris.
- NJ SOCCER, a semi-professional soccer team owned by married couple Alex and Sibrena.
- Klado, a food company that makes and sells truffles called brigadeiros, founded by married couple Jen and Jesse.
- Versattire, a clothing company founded by newlyweds Matteo and Julie.
- Esrever Wines, a wine company founded by best friends Jasmine, Ashanti and Tyshemia.
At the end of the experiment, one business will receive $100,000 to grow their brand.
The I Quit show launched on the Discovery Channel on 8/18 @ 10 pm PT.
This is one show that all Smart Hustlers, new and seasoned, will want to check out!
Written in partnership with Shopify
Get the latest small business news and more every week on Smart Hustle subscribe to our newsletter.