Tackling Self Care & Mental Health As An EntrepreneurMichelle Blue
Two weeks after I graduated college I launched my business Bené full time. I have always loved the work that I have done and being able to create something that really changes the lives of others. Along the ‘Journey’ of building my business I got so caught up in the hustle and the pressures I placed on myself to succeed and make more money that I lost sight of my why and I lost sight of my identity a part from my business. The stress, anxiety and doubt that began to mount up, hit me hard.
[Smart Hustle Resource – 5 Ways to Practice Self-Care When Working From Home]
I think we have all dealt with the realistic pressures we have placed on ourselves to be millionaires by the age of 30. Or began to place more focus on our businesses that we lost sight of what our identity is. I knew I wasn’t the only one going through this and when I got the opportunity to talk to Dr. Joy of Therapy for Black Girls about my ‘Journey’ with battling mental health as an entrepreneur, I had to share with you.
In our conversation, we talk about:
- If you are not well, mentally, physically, emotionally, there is no way you can pour into and create a healthy business.
- The importance of creating mindful practices throughout your day, be present in all things that you do.
- We all have negative thoughts that tell us we can’t but prove yourself wrong and write down your successes and accomplishments.
- Sleep, eating and exercise are keys to living a mentally well live.
- The purpose of a therapist is not give you the answers to your questions but to help guide you as you do the work and dig deep.
Truthfully, this conversation was a big step for me. I shared with you and with the world some of the biggest challenges I have faced not just as an entrepreneur but in life. This conversation was very real and emotional for me and I know I am not alone in these experiences. If you can relate or have thoughts about this conversation, I would love for you to comment and share below. And as always know that you are not alone in the ‘Journey’.