Chase Launches $2 Million Mission Main Street Grants Program to Reward Small Business
We’ve got some great information for all our Smart Hustle readers!! Chase, the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co., kicked off Small Business Week last week by announcing the launch of it’s 2015 Mission Main Street Grants® program. Twenty lucky winners will be awarded a $100,000 grant and a trip to LinkedIn’s California headquarters to gain insights that will help them grow their businesses. This is a smart hustle entrepreneurs DREAM!
Through June 5th, any for-profit business in the U.S. with fewer than 100 employees that meets all the eligibility requirements can apply. Once qualified and registered, the public can show their support for their favorite small business by voting through their Facebook account at the Mission Main Street Grants voting page. Businesses must receive at least 250 votes to be considered for a grant and voting is open until June 19th. To help them, each business receives a marketing toolkit with tips to help them expand their LinkedIn network as well as access to a LinkedIn webcast focused on leveraging their professional network to grow their business.
“Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, so we’re pleased to join forces with Chase to help this community of professionals achieve their business goals,” said Jennifer Grazel, Director of Global Vertical Marketing, Marketing Solutions at LinkedIn. “As a professional platform, we have unique insights into how SMBs can creatively leverage social media to gain real traction and grow their businesses one follower at a time.”[Tweet “Apply through June 5th for the @ChaseSmallBiz Mission Main Street Grants and a chance at $100K!”]
The 20 grant recipients will be selected by a panel of experts from a diverse group of organizations with a passion for small business. The judges include:
- Darla Beggs, National Board Chair, National Association of Women Business Owners
- Rob Busby, President & CEO, U.S. Black Chambers, Inc.
- Nick Cannon, Entrepertainer, Ncredible
- Tom Collamore, Senior Vice President, Communications and Strategy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Stephanie DeVane, Vice President, Entrepreneurship & Business Development, National Urban League
- Nely Galan, Media Entrepreneur & Founder, The Adelante Movement
- Allen Gutierrez, National Executive Director, The Latino Coalition
- Chance Mitchell, CEO & Co-Founder, National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Marc Nager, Chief Executive Officer, UP Global
- Matthew Pavelek, Vice President of Membership, National Veteran-Owned Business Association
- Andres Peña, Vice President, External Affairs, U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Jennifer Piepszak, CEO, Chase Business Banking
- Penry Price, Vice President of Global Sales, Marketing Solutions, LinkedIn
- J.P. Torres, PR & Communications Director, U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation
- Candace Waterman, Chief of Staff, Certification & Program Operations, Women Business Enterprise National Council
- Joset Wright-Lacy, President, National Minority Supplier Development Council
The recipients of the grants will be announced in September 2015. You can find out more and follow the registered small businesses by visiting the Mission Main Street Grants Program website or by following them on Twitter at @ChaseSmallBiz.
Are you ready to apply? If you do – please let us know in the comments section below so we can follow your progress and share with our Smart Hustle community!