Be the Celebrity CEO of Your Industry – Build a Strong Personal BrandRamon Ray
Every business owner, especially a small business owner should be the Celebrity CEO of their industry. It’s all about starting or building a strong personal brand.
The Celebrity CEO concept, of which Ramon’s book is about is simple – it’s about being well known in your industry.
Personal branding is all about having customers COMING TO YOU because your personal brand, in your industry, is so strong and everyone who needs your solution KNOWS YOU.
RESOURCE – Get our Celebrity CEO blueprint here. It outlines key concepts to build your personal brand.
Two Principles the Celebrity CEO
- Build a community of fans that you NURTURE to a sale.
- Ask for a smile before you ask for a sale.
It’s also about NOT having to fear customers leaving you.
It’s about not having to lower your prices.
Ramon’s book, “Celebrity CEO“, lays this out in much more detail. You can also download our Celebrity CEO blueprint.
A Celebrity CEO is one who is building their community of fans which in the end will INCREASE sales.
Yes we must make money in our businesses.
While your corporate brand is important, it’s even more important to focus on your personal brand as that’s the brand (the brand you) that your clients and customers are buying. The concept of Celebrity CEO is about YOU, the business owner, as the brand and flag bearer of your company and it’s solutions!
We, small business owners, are not Starbucks or McDonald’s or Coca-Cola. They have big brands and their customers (us) are not concerned about who owns them or is making the products or services.
However, for us small business owners, it’s important to our customers who WE are, as individuals. We are directly involved in the production of the product or service, we’re not a faceless brand.
For growing companies, who might have a sales team, production team and etc – you need to ALSO consider being a celebrity CEO.
How do you become a Celebrity CEO?
- Focus on a very narrow target market. Don’t try to go BIG and serve everyone. You can’t. Instead, focus on a focused market.
- Build a community. Build a fan base. Don’t try to SELL just SERVE. The community is already there in fact, as Seth Godin says, you just have to enable them to rally around you.
- Educate your fan base. Delivery amazing value, so much value that your fan base wants to follow you and hear from you.
- Now that you’ve built a fan base, a percentage of those followers will buy from you.
Do this over and over and over again.
Rally your community of fans
What are some specific things you can do to rally your community and educate your fan base on your journey to being the Celebrity CEO of your industry?
- Post regular content. Leverage social media, publish a regular email, write a blog post
- Host an event. Consider hosting a regular event (annual? monthly?) that can bring people together
- Write a book. A book gives you credibility and is a really big business card.
These are just a few things you can do to attract an audience, educate an audience and drive them to a sale.
Here are a few resources that can help.
Sell your knowledge by blogging, Ramon’s 12 minute video
Make the most of email marketing.
PS - Want more attention, and more impact, and more sales for your business? We created a complete Personal Branding Framework for business owners just like you... get it here.